Table of Contents
- Information Practices
- Collection of Information – Applying for a Job Online
- Collection of Information – Visitors/Residents
- Collection of Automated Information
- Use of Information
- E-mail Communications
- Public Areas
- Privacy of Children
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Your Opportunity to Opt-out of E-mail Advertising
- Contacting the Company or Modifying Your Person al Information
Collection of Information – Applying for a Job Online
Citizens of the United States residing in the United States may apply for employment with the Company online. You do not have to submit a job application online unless you choose to do so. If you choose to apply online for a position, you may be required to voluntarily provide your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, educational information, prior employment information and/or other personally identifiable information (“Applicant Information”). You may even have the opportunity to provide your resume or CV in electronic form through the Site. If you provide any personal references, please note that it is your responsibility to obtain the consent from references before providing their personal information to us. By applying for a position with us through the Site, you consent to our use of your Applicant Information as described in this Policy. You may always refuse to provide the information requested through the Site but this may limit our ability to consider you as a candidate for employment. Please note that while you may remove your application from further consideration, once an application is made, you cannot remove it.
Collection of Information – Visitors/Residents
You may be asked to voluntarily provide your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, marital status, gender, age and/or other personally identifiable information ("Personal Information") to have access to features of the Site including, but not limited to, using the Resident Portal. If you sign up for certain services through the Site including, without limitation, completing a rental application, choosing to pay your rent or submitting a service request through the Site, then we may also collect certain financial information or sensitive information such as credit card information, bank account information, current employment information, income, credit history, social security number, driver’s license number, criminal history and other sources of income. By using the Site and allowing us to access your Personal Information, you consent to our use of such information as described in this Policy. You may always refuse to provide your Personal Information, and this may lead to our inability to provide you with certain services through the Site. In this Policy, Applicant Information shall be referred to as “Personal Information.”
Collection of Automated Information
Use of Information
- Except as set forth in this Policy, we will not sell or rent your Personal Information to third parties for their marketing purposes without first giving you a chance to opt-out.
- We use Applicant Information for the following purposes: to assess your skills and qualifications for the job for which you have applied; to verify your information and conduct reference checks; to conduct background checks if you are offered a position; to communicate with you about employment opportunities; to create and submit reports as required by law; to improve our recruitment process; and legal defense, as necessary. If you accept employment with the Company or one of our affiliated companies, your Applicant Information will become a part of your employment record and will be used for employment purposes.
- We use Personal Information for the following purposes: to administer your account; to process rental applications, to process rental payments, to process service requests, to perform tenant screening, to administer and improve the Site and related services; to allow use of, or participation in, the Site and our services; to notify you of events or about our products, services, promotional events or special offers that maybe of interest to you; to provide Internet security; and to meet legal requirements.
- Personal Information may be shared with our employees, our affiliated companies and property owners for the purposes set forth above.
- We may work with other businesses that may perform certain functions on our behalf, including, but not limited to, managing data, processing payments, verifying information or hosting the Site. These business partners will be bound by terms of confidentiality and have access to your Personal Information only to the extent necessary to perform their specific functions and may not use it for any other purpose.
- We may share Personal Information with third party service providers such as utility, cable, telecommunications, security and banking companies, if you request such services through the Site, through the Company (or its affiliates and/or subsidiaries) or as part of any unified billing program at your rental property.
- If the Company is involved in the sale of a substantial portion of its business assets, Personal Information or Automated Information may be among the transferred assets.
Other than for the specific purposes set forth in this Policy, we will not disclose your Personal Information unless we obtain your prior consent or are legally required to do so.
We may send e-mail communications to you regarding notifications related to our Site and services, as well as promotional e-mail messages. If you send an e-mail to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You thereby consent to receive communications from us electronically; however, please note that e-mail communications are not necessarily secure and confidential. For instance, it is possible that information transmitted to us via e-mail may be read or obtained by other parties. In an attempt to protect your privacy, our e-mail responses do not include personal account information. We recommend that you do not include such information in e-mail communications directed to us. We may communicate with you by postal mail, e-mail or by posting notices on the Site. All agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Privacy of Children
We encourage parents and guardians to be aware of and participate in their children's online activities. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose Personal Information from any child under the age of 13.
Fair Credit Reporting Act
Under certain circumstances such as your submission of a rental application for one of the properties listed on the Site, we may provide your information to a screening company in order to obtain a screening report for the property manager or owner for the property you have selected. Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (15 U.S.C. §1681 et seq.), you may have the right to access, view and correct credit information relating to you held by a credit bureau by contacting such credit bureau.
We retain Personal Information for as long as the information is relevant to our business purposes or until you request that we remove the data by contacting us at email@example.com, or write to us at: MAC Property Management, L.L.C., Attention: Resident Success Department, 1364 E. 53rd Street, Chicago, IL 60615.
Your Opportunity to Opt-out of E-mail Advertising
In the event you do not wish to receive promotional e-mail from us, please follow the opt-out process contained in any e-mail message you receive from us.
We have policies and procedures in place to protect the privacy and confidentiality of your Personal Information that we collect and maintain. All Personal Information is stored on secured servers in the United States, behind a firewall at a data center with access to data strictly controlled. We adhere to the Payment Security Industries Standard for storing card holder data and we use Secure Sockets Layering (SSL) to encrypt your personal financial information, including your credit card number, before it travels over the Internet. Access to your Personal Information is restricted to those employees or business partners who need to know that information as part of their job, to service your account or to provide products and services to you. Data protection laws in the United States may not be the same as those in other jurisdictions. If we transfer personally identifiable information outside of your jurisdiction, we will take steps to continue to protect your privacy. Any unauthorized use of the Site may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution.
Contacting the Company or Modifying Your Person al Information
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy or wish to update your Personal Information provided to us, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at: MAC Property Management, L.L.C., Attention: Resident Success Department, 1364 E. 53rd Street, Chicago, IL 60615. Please provide a concise communication with complete information, including your contact information.